When you first met your partner, your relationship was easy. You laughed a lot, went on adventures, and simply enjoyed being together. The relationship was full of hope for the future. But after some time passed, the connection seemed to disappear.
Maybe you’re feeling so wrapped up in your own lives that you’ve stopped turning to each other. Perhaps the intimacy has gone out of your relationship? Or the weariness of constant conflict has caused you to stop trying. As the relationship diminished, resentments brewed. Loneliness and frustrations arose that seem to take forever to go way.
You may even be wondering if you’d be happier alone or with someone else.
I know it hurts and I want you to know that it doesn’t have to be this way.
What Can You Do Now?
If there’s one thing I want to say to you, it’s don’t give up hope. You might feel like your relationship is permanently stuck in this unfulfilling state, but that’s not true at all. One of you might even feel ready to give up, but that doesn’t mean the relationship is doomed. It’s natural for relationships to go through different phases, and it’s normal for couples to feel less connected at times. It takes work from both of you, but the spark of love and the joy of life can reignite in your relationship.
Rebuild Your Connection
If you want to rebuild the intimacy in your relationship and aren’t sure how, therapy is a good place to start. Couples therapy helps you and your partner re-establish the connection you had in the beginning, reset the expectations you have for each other, and rebuild the foundation of your relationship.
When we work together, my job is to help you and your partner rediscover your love and appreciation for each other while teaching you skills to have a happy, healthy relationship. During couples therapy, you and your partner will learn to communicate with each other honestly and effectively, both inside the therapy room and out in the real world.
We Will Also Work On Things Like:
- Defining what “acts of love” look like for each of you
- Practicing different ways to show your partner you love them (and vice versa, of course)
- Getting rid of resentments that grew between you
- Establishing conflict resolution skills to de-escalate long-standing conflicts between you
- Developing an ability to be attuned to your partner’s emotional state to help you really listen to one another
- Identifying the things that first drew you to each other and re-establishing those things in the relationship
- Becoming more mindful of one another’s needs and how you can each meet those needs
- Learning strategies to help you stay connected, especially when life feels too busy
- Closing the emotional distance that has developed over the years
- Breaking down the barriers that stop you from turning toward one another for love and support
- Building up the respect you have for each other and the desire to connect
In my work with couples, I apply an integrative approach incorporating the Gottman Method, Emotionally Focused and other techniques that have helped many couples over the years. I tailored my approach to each unique couple, based on their goals and desires for their relationship.
If you’re ready to make some big changes, I can help. Together we can help you feel more connected to your partner and get rid of the relationship baggage that’s been holding you back for so long.
It’s time to reach out. You deserve to be in a relationship that makes you happy and brings you fulfillment. To learn more about my work, please read my bio or connect with me today to explore getting started.
Book A Consultation
Looking Forward To Meet You
I am excited to help you on your journey to happiness.
Shout Out Client Success
Our happy clients share the experience of relationship coaching success.